The Soldier's Monument at Danville National cemetery is located on a cemetery that was designated a national cemetery in 1898 and was a dedicated burial site for veterans of the civil war who had died at the National Home for Disabled Volunteers (est. 1897). The remains of 99 veterans were reinterred in 1901 to a new cemetery at the east end of the campus. The scultpure was designed by Clark Noble, and the monument was constructed by the Van Amring Granite Company. The scultpure is a bronze statue of a civil war soldier holding his rifle atop a granit base. The monument is located within the innermost circle of three circles where veterans are laid to rest. The monument was dedicated on 30th May 1917.