Situated in the Veteran’s Memorial Park opposite the Nylander Museum-Natural History this soldier’s statue is dedicated to the men of Lyndon (now Caribou), who served and died during the American Civil War 1861 – 1865. The monument is made of granite and depicts a Union soldier at parade holding the Union flag. The monument was funded by the Ansel G. Taylor Womans Relief Corps No. 97. The monument was unveiled on May 30th, 1918 by Austin Poland, the great grandson of local hero Ansel G. Taylor (1824-1864) a private in the Company F of “Bakers” First D.C Cavalry, died July 7th, 1864. Both the G.A.R post no. 95 and Womans Relief Corps no. 97 bear his namesake. The ceremony also included Lincoln’s Gettysburg address by Professor A. W. Boston and several other addresses and prayers by other prominent local figures.