Greenville County Confederate Monument
This Confederate monument was created in 1891 to honor the Confederate dead of Greenville County. James Blackman Ligon, who was the chief of police in Greenville, served as the model for the sculpture. The monument was originally erected in the center of the Main Street where traffic is quite busy. Its removal was considered on several occasions because of this hazardous position. In 1924, it was reassembled in Springwood Cemetery where it continues to stand today.
Statue - standing soldier
Want more Info? Click the Expand button below:
0m x 0m x 8.53m
Cost / Value:
Read below for one of our contributor’s reflections on this monument