Monuments

Monuments

Memorial Municipal Building


Now functioning as Norwood’s Town Hall, the Memorial Municipal Building began construction in 1927 and was dedicated on November 11th the following year in memory of the Norwood residents who had given their lives in the Civil and First World Wars. Made of Weymouth granite, the building was designed by William G. Upham in a Late Gothic Revival style, and in its bell-tower houses the Walter F. Tilton Memorial Carillon, the seventh-largest carillon in the United States. On November 11th, 1998 the building was rededicated.


Monument type:

Memorial hall

Artist:

Architect - William G. Upham; Mural artist - Jean Jacques Haffner

Dedication Date:

November 11, 1928 (rededicated November 11, 1998)

Address:

USA

Inscription:

Want more Info? Click the Expand button below:

Expand
Conception Date:
Opening Date:
Material:
Weymouth seamed-face granite
Size:
cm x cm x cm
Creator:
Cost / Value:
Erected by:
The Town of Norwood
Funded by:
The Town of Norwood
Run by:
Organization/Curator:

Read below for one of our contributor’s reflections on this monument


Entry Contributor(s):