Bowdoin Civil War Memorial
Located near the Bowdoin Town Store and on the corner of the intersection of Litchfield Road and Main Street, this Memorial is dedicated to the Bowdoin Veterans who served during the American Civil War 1861 - 1865. It was dedicated by Governor William T. Cobb in 1907. The Monument is made of granite and surmounted by a sphere, it is also accompanied by a cast-iron Rodman Gun from Fort Popham, Phippsburg. The monument is inscribed with a list of 128 names.
Erected To Memory/Of The Soldiers/Of The Civil War Of/1861-1865/1907
Want more Info? Click the Expand button below:
Cost / Value:
Read below for one of our contributor’s reflections on this monument